Crystal Grids are a truly incredible way to utilize the medium of crystal energy work. Grids allow us to not only combine different crystal energies together, but also add the power of symbols. This element is commonly referred to as the “layout” or “formation.” One of the biggest road blocks for those experimenting with creating their own grids is the design in which they lay their stones.
The beautiful thing about Crystal Grids is that they don’t have to follow any guidelines. There is an unlimited amount of possibilities. Following your intuition is your best bet. Whether you want to use geometry, free flowing organic shapes, or symbols is entirely up to you. They can be massively intricate designs utilizing hundreds of stones, or a simple design with just a few – both are equally powerful with the right intent.
The first thing to consider when laying out stones is “What is my intent?” What do you hope to achieve with your grid? Then, you can figure out which pattern will work the best for you. Here are some suggestions:
– If you need to balance energy try a Merkabah, or a Yin Yang.
– To sharpen your focus or get grounded, try a square or cross with equal arms.
– Spiritual growth can be amplified with a spiral or a triangle (an upward pointed triangle is for cosmic consciousness, where a downward pointed triangle represents earth consciousness).
– Meditations or energies that you need to be temporarily closed off from outside influence would benefit from circle.
– The Flower of Life is an ancient pattern found all over the world. Each of the five Platonic Solids can be found within its design, therefore it contains the blueprints for all matter. This symbol is excellent for restructuring or strengthening any energy field, and charges things with life force energy.
Next, choose your stones. You can read about the crystals you currently have in our Crystal & Gemstone Dictionary. We also highly suggest getting yourself a Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. Choose crystals that match or support the energy you want. Activate your grid by speaking your intentions out loud. For example, say “I ask that the crystals in this grid use their energy to help me become more confident.” Then leave your grid up for as long as you wish. Every time you see or pass by your grid, stop for a moment and remind yourself of your intention.
Read more about Crystal Grids here.