There are so many ways to meditate and so many things you can do to enhance your meditation practice. Over the years I have tried many things to help me shut my mind off, and meditate. I am going to share some of these tips.
- Use a guided meditation. It gives your mind something to focus on.
- Find a quiet spot to meditate
- Turn your phone off & put up a “do not disturb” sign if you need to.
- If you start thinking of things you need to do, tell those thoughts to wait outside and you will get to them later.
- Hold a crystal to help you focus. Clear Quart is good for overall balance and focus. Blue Kyanite is good to connect with your guides. Rose Quartz for connecting to your heart.
- Burn incense
- Start with only 5 mins a day and gradually go longer
The biggest piece of advice is to try different things to see what works for you. Keep trying and don’t give up. Meditation offers so many benefits to the mind, body and soul.