Specific stones have been found to resonate well with the energies of different times of the year. We have created a list of stones commonly associated with each of the zodiac signs, though this is not a definitive or complete record. Everyone operates under different disciplines and inhabits various levels of consciousness, meaning that certain stones may be more or less effective for each individual.
General Guidelines for Selecting a Stone
1. Select a stone by your birth date from the selection listed below. To reiterate: These stones are suggestions based on what is commonly associated with each zodiac sign, and different disciplines or cultures may suggest other stones.
2. Choose a stone for a specific quality you are seeking to foster. You can get help here by visiting our Gemstone Dictionary or typing in the quality you are seeking in our Crystal Life website search bar and seeing what stones and jewelry we currently have in stock.
3. Go with your intuition. If you know a bit about stones, close your eyes, center yourself and ask what stone would be best for the purpose you are seeking to fulfill. Stones have a tendency to stand out or “shine” if they are connecting with you. Spirit guides can also be useful for helping you recognize what you need.
Stones for the Signs of the Zodiac
- Aries (March 21 – April 19) bloodstone, amethyst, garnet, ruby, quartz
- Taurus (April 20 – May 20) peridot, jade, lapis lazuli, quartz
- Gemini (May 21 – June 21) agate, aventurine, peridot, pearl, moonstone
- Cancer (June 22 – July 22) beryl, pearl, moonstone, sapphire, ruby, garnet
- Leo (July 23 – August 22) amber, carnelian, diamond, topaz, ruby, garnet, peridot
- Virgo (August 23 – September 22) agate, aventurine, peridot, sapphire, aquamarine, blue topaz
- Libra (September 23 – October 23) chrysoprase, lapis lazuli, turquoise, blue topaz, aquamarine, rose quartz, tourmaline, opal, amethyst
- Scorpio (October 24 – November 21) kunzite, tourmaline, rose quartz, opal, sapphire, topaz, smoky quartz
- Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) amethyst, sugilite, sapphire, topaz, smoky quartz, turquoise, lapis lazuli
- Capricorn (December 22 – January 19) apache tear, hematite, onyx, garnet, turquoise, lapis lazuli
- Aquarius (January 20 – February 18) aquamarine, fossils, jet, garnet
- Pisces (February 19 – March 20) amethyst, sugilite, aquamarine, bloodstone
Care & Other Information
All gemstones are unique and special. Variation in color and inclusions are natural and to be expected..
Bathe in full moonlight regularly to energize crystals. Cleanse regularly by placing on a piece of selenite or by moving through the smoke of sage. Honor your jewelry by removing it daily, allowing it to rest.
Crystal Life’s staff and local artisan crafters are energy practitioners of various disciplines. We work with hand-selected, top quality gemstones and materials. Our original designs are based on our knowledge of ancient and contemporary energy modalities.
Crystal Life is renowned for its peaceful energy, which comes from our commitment to work in respectful cooperation with all life forms, including product, staff, and our in-store and online customers.
Disclaimer: Crystal meanings and spiritual healing lore are not a prescription, diagnosis or healthcare information. They are presented as spiritual supports to healing and other life issues. See a doctor or licensed medical practitioner for all health issues.