How does one determine what constitutes a left or right hand quartz point? Let us look at the pointed end of a quartz point. Almost all quartz are six sided and have six faces at the top coming to a point. Notice that these faces are of various sizes. The largest face is the one we are interested in. Look at the bottom of this large face and you will see an extra faceted face either to the right or left. This simply means that internally the spiral of the Quartz flows in this direction, and the only way to tell is by this small face.
Perhaps some would even classify the quartz point as masculine or feminine by this face. Left for feminine, and right for masculine. What then are the different properties of this particular quartz point?
The Left Hand Quartz
1. If one holds a Left Handed Quartz in the left hand, point towards the palm, you will have greater success at pulling in positive energy into the body. Facing outward, you will be successful at releasing discordant, stagnant, or blocked energies from the body.
2. Connects to the right brain activities as well as balancing those energies to the left brain, for full brain activity.
3. Left equates to the souls incoming energy as well.
4. Assists males or female users with their creative and intuitive abilities.
5. The left handed quartz helps with intuition, creativity, and psychic awareness.
The Right Hand Quartz
1. Assists with enhancing the logical, intellectual, and very verbal left brain.
2. Excellent learning tool to increase ones capacity for retaining information.
3. This quartz piece represents the male energies.
4. Assists in the avenue of the ego and the making of decisions.
5. When used together, one receives a balance within both hemispheres of the brain.
Either of these tools can be used to enhance the ability of the brain to speed up for quick thinking, or slow down for meditation.